The Tyumen Philharmonic was established on October 30, 1958, when the Concert office, which had been established in 1944, was formed into the Regional Philharmonic. Its first director was Leonid Zgersky.
Concert groups, which consisted of highly professional artists, regularly performed in educational institutions, in the enterprises of the town, and in the towns and villages of the north and south of the region.
The new stage of development began in 1998 when Honoured Artist of Russia Mikhail Birman became the Director of the Philharmonic. He initiated many philharmonic collectives. In 1998 – chamber orchestra Siberian Camerata (the main conductor Honoured Art Worker of Russia and Ukraine Anton Sharoev), vocal-jazz group Sunrise(creative director Natalya Gultyaeva), the choir (creative director Angelica Talantseva), the duet of Russian folk instruments Lad (Olga Chuvashova and Andrey Chuvashov – domra, bayan). In 2001 the dance group Zori Tyumeni (creative directors Honoured Artists of Russia Valeri and Galina Artser) was added to the list.
In 1999 the Philharmonic became laureate of the competition Window to Russia, and was nominated as The best philharmonic of the year.
In 2001-2003 the building was reconstructed. The capacity of the hall increased to 1229 seats, and its acoustic characteristics were improved. The new hall, Chamber Hall (capacity 240 seats) was opened, which has an organ made by the German company Shuke, created by master Rainer Nass.
Traditionally, the Philharmonic holds musical festivals..
Contacts: Respubliki str., 34, +7(3452) 68-77-77
Repertoire and programme are here www.tgf.ru.